Google帳號登入

搜索

該用戶從未簽到

升級   24.29%

跳轉到指定樓層
主題
發表於 2013-1-19 11:35 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
本帖最後由 z24374203 於 2013-1-19 11:37 編輯

Today I decided to remove MicrosoftSecurity Essentials Antivirus from my system because Security Essentials failedanother certification test by independent testing lab, AV-TestInstitute. Microsoft's Security Essentials antivirus for Windows XP, Vista,and Windows 7 is a free add-on to Windows Defender, which blocks adware andspyware on Windows.

In its review, AV-Test revealed that 22 of the 25 programs that weretested passed the test, but Security Essentials came up short. The labtested all programs across three areas: protection, repairability and usability of the whole computer based on the impact of thesoftware.

"We always used the mostcurrent publicly-available version of all products for the testing. They wereallowed to update themselves at any time and query their in-the-cloud services.We focused on realistic test scenarios and challenged the products againstreal-world threats. Products had to demonstrate their capabilities using allcomponents and protection layers."

Microsoft's Security Essentials iscurrently the most popular security suite in North America and the world,mostly because it is free. According to firm, In November, SecurityEssentials only detected and caught 71 percent of zero day malware and virusesthat have not been previously released into the wild.

The lab stated that SecurityEssentials scored a 1.5 (out of 6) in protection, a 3.0 on repairability and 5.5 on usability.

Via a Blog Post Joe Blackbird, program manager at Microsoft'sMalware Protection Center questioned the results. "Our reviewshowed that 0.0033 percent of our Microsoft Security Essentials and MicrosoftForefront Endpoint Protection customers were impacted by malware samples notdetected during the test," "In addition, 94 percent of themalware samples not detected during the test didn't impact our customers."

Conclusion, The AV-Test results show thatMicrosoft's twin security programs protected against 100 per cent of knownthreats, as did every other security suite but falling down is in protectingagainst zero-day attacks. So that's why I decided to uninstall it fornow.

From http://thehackernews.com/2013/01/why-i-decided-to-uninstall-microsoft.html#_
樓主熱門主題
joker 該會員已被刪除
2F
發表於 2013-1-19 12:46 | 只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

使用道具

該用戶從未簽到

升級   98.2%

3F
發表於 2013-1-19 16:24 | 只看該作者
簡單翻譯重點:
MSE 在AV-TestInstitute lab 測試評分1.5分